What is a USA Skimo-sanctioned race?
A race that meets the standards and rules set forth by the ISMF/USA Skimo. For sanctioned races, USA Skimo provides race directors and local organizing committees (LOC) guidance, resources, and tools to put on a high-quality race.
Participants can expect to experience a race experience which follows consistent ISMF/USA Skimo-modeled race formats, rules and categories. Due to the regulatory guidelines a sanctioned race must execute, only results from USA Skimo-sanctioned races are included in the National Point Series.
- Race Director / LOC agrees to follow USA Skimo Race Director Guidelines.
- Members results are organized by category and included in the National Points Series.
- Race Director / LOC agrees to follow Race Division Categories of Male / Female:
- U16 – (Viking – Ages 16 and under. Birth year 2005 & under) Shortened race course.
- U18 – (Cadet – Ages 17-18. Birth year 2004-2003) Shortened race course
- U20 – (Junior – Ages 19-20. Birth year 2002-2001) Full distance race course.
- U23 – (Espoir – Ages 21-22-23. Birth year 2000-1999-1998) Full distance race course.
- Senior – (Open – Ages 24-44. Birth year 1997-1977) Full distance race course.
- Masters – (Ages 45+. Birth year 1976 or prior) Full distance race course.
- Recreation – Reduced distance/vert category. Ski/binding weight must be a minimum of 750 grams per ski/binding or 1500 grams for the pair.