Why sanction your skimo race and what is the USA Skimo’s role in sanctioned races?
A USA Skimo-sanctioned race meets the standards and rules set forth by the ISMF/USA Skimo. By meeting these standards and rules, race participants will recognize the race at a higher level of standard. And, hopefully attract more participants.
USA Skimo provides Race Directors / Local Organizing Committees (LOCs) with guidance, resources and marketing support (website, email, social media, print media). Additionally, USA Skimo-sanctioned races are eligible to:
- Be included in the National Points Series
- Be a National Championship Race
- Be a Continental Championship Race
- Be a Worlds Team Qualifier Race
How to sanction your next race?
- Fill out the application and pay a fee to be sanctioned and may also request to be a
- National Cup Series Race or National Championships. ($50 sanctioned, $100 Cup, $250 Champs)
- Agree to follow the USA Skimo Race Director Guidelines.
- Capture USA Skimo License numbers in registration process and allow for a 10% discount for USA Skimo members.
- Offer a link to the USA Skimo website for purchasing a license (https://www.usaskimo.org/usa-skimo-membership/)
- Offer a Recreational course with reduced distance/vertical.
- Organize registration into the following Race Division Categories of Male / Female:
- U14 – (Ages 14 and under. Birth year 2008 and under.) Shortened race course.
- U16 – (Ages 15-16. Birth year 2007-2006) Shortened race course.
- U18 – (Ages 17-18. Birth year 2005-2004) Shortened race course.
- U20 – (Ages 19-20. Birth year 2003-2002) Full distance race course.
- U23 – (Ages 21-22-23. Birth year 2001-2000-1999) Full distance race course.
- Senior – (Ages 24-44. Birth year 1998-1978) Full distance race course.
- Masters – (Ages 45+. Birth year 1977 or prior) Full distance race course.
- Recreation – Reduced distance/vert category. Ski/binding weight must be a minimum of 750 grams per ski/binding or 1500 grams for the pair.
- Provide race results to USA Skimo in the required format, defined by the rankings coordinator, within the designated time following the race.
USA Skimo Race Director Guide outlines the rules and regulations for sanctioned skimo races. It includes race types, race specification, race director / LOC expectations, and the USA Skimo Event Application. Race registration is recommended through Webscorer, however it is not required for sanctioned races.